Week 5 – Google Maps
View The Old Neighbourhood in a larger map
View Workin’ on Queen’s Quay in a larger map
View New temp dumps in a larger map
In-class, worth 5 per cent. You should be able to get this done by the end of class. I’ll be around to help, of course.
- Create a Google Map of whatever narrative you like. If you’re stuck for an idea, make a map of your childhood neighbourhood or one particularly memorable adventure you had, like getting lost.
- Your map should include:
- Title and description
- A shape
- A line
- At least 10 pins – each pin will have some text that tells part of your story
- Of those pins, at least two will feature photos and another two will feature videos
- When you’re finished your map, log in to your team website, create a new post, give it a headline, write some brief text and embed your map.
For next week:
- Guest speaker at the CCC!
- Bring your audio recorders – you’ll record the talk, then edit the audio to go with a very short story you’ll write based on the talk.